Ghanaian giants Hearts of Oak have been drawn against Algerian side JS Saoura in the CAF Confederation Cup play-off.
The Phobians will face the Ligue 1 side on a date between 26-28 November 2021 at the Accra Sports Stadium before travelling to the Stade 20 August 1955 in the Béchar Province for the reverse fixture.
Below is a brief background of Saoura.
- Full name of the club: Jeunesse Sportive de la Saoura
- The club was founded in September 2008 in Méridja
- Home grounds is called Stade 20 Août 1955. It has a capacity of 20,000
- The club finished 3rd in the 2020/21 Algerian Ligue Professionnelle
- The head coach is former Tunisian international striker Kais Yaakoubi
- The club has never won the Algerian league title. They gained promotion to the league in 2011–12
- JS Saoura is the first club from the south of Algeria to participate in continental competition, and that was in 2017 in the CAF Champions League
- Best performance in the Algerian Ligue Professionnelle is runner-up spot (2) – 2015–16, 2017–18
- In 2019 the club reached the group stages of the CAF Champions League and was drawn against Al-Ahly, AS Vita Club, and Simba of Tanzania
- JS Saoura has only 1 foreigner in their squad and that is Tanzanian Adam Salamba who plays as a forward.