If you’re a big fan of mixed martial arts like Bellator and the UFC and want to start making money on betting, you’re in the right place.
We’re here to tell you about MMA and UFC betting — its pros and cons and the best wagers to place.
Moreover, we’ll tell you how to find the best MMA betting sites with competitive odds, such as Betking Ghana, detailed MMA coverage, and great bookmaker offers. Let’s jump right into the action.
Pros and Cons of MMA Betting
MMA betting is not all it’s cracked up to be for some, while it’s one of the best forms of sports betting for others. The truth is likely somewhere between, so let’s check both the pros and the cons. This will help you determine if MMA betting suits you.
- Much easier to bet on than many other sports
- Similar to boxing betting
- Betting on underdogs can be quite profitable
- Easier to learn than other sports
- Can be difficult for people who aren’t big fans of the sport
- Can be addictive like all other forms of betting
What Are the Most Common Bets on MMA?
Betting on MMA can be very beneficial once you become a big follower of the sport. However, how lucrative your experience gets depends on which bets you’re using. Here are some of the most popular wagers punters place on MMA fights:
- Fight winner — Bet on who’ll win the fight. The most basic there is and the best for beginners.
- Total rounds — This is the standard over/under bet you find with most sports. In MMA betting, you need to predict if the total rounds in the fight will go over or below a certain number.
- Method of victory — The wager requires predicting how a particular fighter will finish the other. You’ll get several options like KO/TKO, submission, or decision.
- Prop bets — These can be almost anything, including predicting whether a fight will go the distance, if it will end in a draw, and more. Proposition bets are quite exciting but not easy to win.
What Should You Look for in the Best MMA Betting Sites?
Sportsbooks share characteristics like betting odds, betting markets, bonuses, customer support, and more. Because of that, it’s typically good to focus on these aspects to see how good an MMA betting site is.
With that in mind, let’s check the most important criteria that will help you weed out the bad sites and find the beneficial ones.
- Excellent reputation — Check that the site’s online reputation is good enough for you by looking at online reviews and player feedback.
- Proper licensing — Every sportsbook needs a proper license, and you should avoid those that don’t.
- High betting odds — Look for sites that are praised for their higher betting odds, especially if that’s the case for MMA wagers.
- Diversity of betting markets — You want to join sportsbooks that cover a wide range of markets, like the ones we’ve already mentioned.
- Variety and quality of bonuses — The best MMA betting sites in Ghana have great bonuses. They should have favorable terms and low rollover requirements.
- Great coverage of MMA and UFC events — Not all sportsbooks offer excellent coverage of MMA events, so look for those that cover main card fights, undercards, and preliminary rounds.
- Diverse payment options — You want to join sportsbooks that offer many popular payment methods and robust banking systems with fast processing times and no fees.
- Dedicated customer support —High-quality MMA betting sites also have great customer support systems with attentive agents who are on 24/7.
- Mobile-friendliness — Great sportsbooks must have mobile-friendly sites or dedicated apps players can download and install on iOS and Android devices.
Where to Find the Best MMA Betting Odds?
You can do the time-consuming process of checking the odds of your selection on comparison sites like Oddschecker every time you want to place a bet. This is usually beneficial if you’re used to using various sportsbooks.
However, it’s easiest for most to choose the recommended bookies on sites like Takebet and go with that. That way, you’ll get competitive odds in most cases, which is enough for most punters.
What Are the Most Popular Bonuses on MMA Betting Sites?
Sportsbooks typically have a wide range of bonuses on offer. Most can be used on a wide range of sports, meaning you can use them for MMA betting. You’ll only need to respect the terms like the rollover requirements, by what date you need to use them up, and more.
The goal should always be to find the easiest terms and the biggest bonus funds. If you’re based in Ghana, you can check out these betting bonuses for Ghana players.
However, it’s worth knowing which types of bonuses you should go for, and those are:
- Welcome bonuses — Usually the largest on offer but available only for new players on the site
- Deposit bonuses — Great in most situations as they increase your deposited funds
- Reload bonuses — Come in many shapes and forms, and they constantly repeat, usually on a weekly or monthly basis
- Free bets — Very rare but very lucrative as they are free to claim
- VIP rewards — Come as rewards from loyalty programs
How to Find Trustworthy MMA Bookmakers in Different Countries?
You need to check all the criteria described here and ensure that the bookie site works in your country.
Most leading online sportsbooks are international, but they always have restricted countries, meaning you need to check the T&Cs to ensure your country is not on the list.
If that is time-consuming, you can always look for the best sports betting platforms for your country online. Check a few review sites like Takebet and get some info from other players, and you’re bound to find several exciting websites to join.