The Sports Writers Association of Ghana, SWAG, has announced the criteria for nominations for the 47th Awards.
During the launch of the Awards, Deputy General Secretary of the association Thomas Boakye-Agyemang, outlined the criteria for nominations into this year’s awards which will be held in January 2023 due to the FIFA World Cup.
SWAG launched the 47th Awards on Wednesday, September 7, 2022 at the MTN House in Accra.
The event was graced by two high-profile personalities from telecommunications giants MTN Ghana – Mrs. Efua Serwaah Boateng and Mrs. Georgina Asare Fiagbenu.
Below are the seven criteria set out by SWAG for nominations.
1. A nine member Nomination Committee Chaired by Mr Frank Owusu Ansah has been formed.
2. A nomination link will be sent to National Federations to nominate five of their best athletes
3. A similar link would be shared with SWAG members to also submit their nominees
4. The Submitted lists would be compiled by the Nomination Committee and presented to ExCo for approval
5. The approved list would be submitted to the General Assembly for shortlisting
6. General Assembly would vote on some selected categories
7. Final list of nominees and award would be announced before main event day. Announcement date for final nominees is on 32nd December 2022.