Kotoko face Kadiogo on Friday, September 9, 2022 in the first leg tie at the Stade de Yamoussoukro in Yamoussoukro – the de jure capital of the Ivory Coast.
He will be assisted by compatriots Koabenan Prosper Adiouman and Kalidou Bamba with Kouassi Frederic Francois Biro.
Here are EIGHT interesting facts about the Ivorian referee worth noting.
- He officiated Hearts of Oak’s 2021/22 CAF Champions League clash with Guinean opposition CI Kamsar at the Accra Sports Stadium. The Phobians won 2-0.
- He was the 4th referee during Ghana’s 2023 CHAN qualifier against Benin at the Cape Coast Sports Stadium.
- This would be the third time he would be officiating a game on Ghanaians.
- He was nominated for the 2018/19 Ivorian Ligue 1 Referee of the season.
- He is one of the 21 referees holding FIFA badges in the country.
- He was the center man when Beninoise side Buffles Football Club du Borgou drew 1-1 with MC Alger in a CAF interclub game.
- Below are other games officiated by the referee.
- He has been an officiating official in 5 CAF interclub games – 2 as center referee and 3 as the fourth referee.
CAF interclub games officiated
2022-02-13 – Sfax 1-0 Zanaco – 4th referee
2021-10-23 – Zanaco 2-1 Al Marreekh – 4th referee
2022-09-19 – Hearts of Oak 2-0 CI Kamsar – center referee
2021-03-17 – NAPSA 2-2 Kabylie – 4th referee
2020-11-28 – Buffles 1-1 MC Alger – center referee